Helping your Year 3 child at home
We know our children work really hard throughout the school day. However, if your child is developing their understanding at home, then hopefully some of the following links and advice will be helpful.
- Read together as frequently as possible; ideally three times a week.
- Practise and learn times tables (2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 8s, 10s).
- Encourage regular use of Numbergym.
- Practise times tables on TT Rockstars.
- Log into Spelling Shed and enjoy playing the web games.
- Complete weekly homework tasks; please refer to our Google Classroom.
- Whenever possible, please help your child to use baseline, joined handwriting to encourage great presentation.
Please refer to our ‘Welcome to Year 3’ PowerPoint for our maths calculation guidance and our common exception word spellings.